Quarterbacks
- Peyton Manning
- Aaron Rodgers
- Drew Brees
- Philip Rivers
- Tony Romo
- Tom Brady
- Matt Schaub: Yes, he was great last season. And yes, he is throwing to Andre Johnson. But, while at the beginning of the year I would've had him on this list, he hasn't looked that good this year.
- Kyle Orton: Biggest surprise in fantasy? Kyle Orton. He's been on fire all year and just scored 20 points against the Baltimore Ravens defense, the best defense against fantasy QBs. I don't have him on the list because I am still very slightly worried about his consistency but it's damned close. If you have him, you start him but that's unless you have one of the six QBs mentioned above.
Running Backs
- Adrian Peterson
- Chris Johnson
- Frank Gore
- Arian Foster
- Ray Rice
- Rashard Mendenhall
- Maurice Jones-Drew
- Michael Turner
- Steven Jackson
Names that are omitted from the list:
- LeSean McCoy: Durability issues and the lack of 20+ carries are the only things keeping me from putting him on the list. He has four double digit games in five weeks, but has yet to exceed 18 carries. But he's close. Damned close.
- Jahvid Best: Through two weeks, he had 55 points. Since then, 18 points with no double digit games. Consistency please?
- Peyton Hillis: I want to put him on the list. I really do. But I can't because, well, it's the Browns and they're bad. But he's their only option there and has scored in every week this year. He's another one who is just off the list.
- Cedric Benson: I don't trust the Bengals. He's been getting insane amounts of carries but hasn't really done much with them. He'll have good games and he'll have mediocre games. But I don't think he's a must start anymore.
- DeAngelo Williams: He has one double digit game so far this year. Not what you want for a 1st round pick. It's not his fault but Carolina is terrible and they don't seem to be getting better. But Williams is nowhere near my top RBs (I have him at 18th overall and I actually think that's too high).
- Matt Forte: He get's all of the touches but he doesn't seem to run well. The only thing keeping him alive is that he get's a bunch of opportunities. But by no means a must start.
Wide Receivers
- Andre Johnson
- Miles Austin
- Reggie Wayne
- Roddy White
- Randy Moss
- Calvin Johnson
- Brandon Marshall
- Wes Welker
- Anquan Boldin
- Hakeem Nicks
Names that are omitted from the list:
- Larry Fitzgerald: One of the most talented receivers in the league, yes. But his highest weekly total has been 10. It isn't his fault that his QBs are terrible but you have to play the cards you are dealt. I have Fitz ranked at 18 behind Hines Ward (again, I think it's too high).
- Greg Jennings: Last year, he was getting the yards but not the TDs. This year, he's getting the TDs but not the yards. He has gone the past four weeks without eclipsing 40 yards. It seems that Rodgers looks to Driver and Finley before him, for some reason.
- Marques Colston: Hasn't played up to his draft position. At all. I'm very down on Colston (I'm thinking his 24th ranking for the rest of the year is too high).
- Malcom Floyd: I was insanely high on him before the year and after this week's 8 catch, 213 yard, 1 TD effort (27 points), I am sitting back and grinning. He is on the cusp of must start.
Tight Ends
- Antonio Gates
- Dallas Clark
- Jermichael Finley (Is injured and out at least 3 weeks. Obviously, don't start him then)
Names that are omitted from the list:
- Dustin Keller: This isn't so much as my lack of faith in Keller but my lack of faith in Sanchez. I don't think he keeps up this pace for very long.
- Vernon Davis: Take what I said for Keller and replace 'Sanchez' with 'Smith.'
- Tony Gonzalez: Out of five games, he has gone over 50 yards just once. Roddy White is the clear go-to guy in Atlanta and Ryan hasn't looked to Gonzalez nearly as much.
zach miller!! ruined my week...
ReplyDelete