Continuing on our journey, we present one of my favorite divisions to watch (except
Tim: 3-13 (4th AFCE)
The Bills are bad. That’s all I have to say. I’m rooting for C.J. Spiller to have a killer year and S Jairus Byrd should also, after an impressive rookie outing. Honestly, though, the Bills will start actually rebuilding one of these years. I promise.
Dan: 2-14 (4th AFCE)
It's no surprise that the Jets were the NFLs' best pass defense last year, allowing an average of 153.7 passing ypg. But here's a surprise: second was the Bills, allowing only 184.2 ypg. But I should mention that part of the low passing yards allowed was that they were 30th against the run, giving up 156.3 ypg on the ground. Still, Jairus Byrd was an absolute ball hawk last year before he got hurt but look at him to improve even more. He will soon be one of the NFL's top safeties. The problems on
Tim: 11-5 (1st AFCE)
I think Brandon Marshall is going to force the rest of the receivers around him to get better, as he draws away coverage and allows Chad Henne to pick defenses apart. His extreme throwing style seems to be getting more under control, and his finesse will have to improve for the Fins to make any kind of push in the postseason. With Ronnie Brown healthy,
Dan: 9-7 (3rd AFCE)
Expect big things from these Dolphins. I don't have them making the playoffs this year but this front office is grabbing all the key parts to shoot to the top in the next few years. Jake Long is one of the best OT’s in the game and gets nearly no recognition. Brandon Marshall is one of the toughest receivers after the catch and, okay, he gets plenty of recognition. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are as good of a 1-2 RB punch as you can have nowadays and Chad Henne is looking like he will be a Pro Bowl QB soon. Sure, having a target like
Tim: 11-5 (2nd AFCE)
Tom Brady doesn’t let much distract him from winning, so don’t think this contract year will be any sweat for him. The offense should return to its usual TD-machine form, and the yearly Brady-Manning contest will be fun to watch. The defense has a few questions surrounding the secondary with an early trip to the IR by CB Leigh Bodden, so the front seven must get into the backfield quickly to relieve some pressure off of the young corners. Just like how I’d want the ball in
Dan: 12-4 (1st AFCE)
Ravens and Patriots alike remember when these two teams met in the first round of the playoffs last year and the Ravens' offense exploded in the first quarter. I think this winds up being a good year for Patriots fans. Tom Brady is trying to get an extension, Randy Moss is playing in a contract year, and Wes Welker has been looking strong as he comes back from a significant knee injury. This offense has always been powerful and I think it returns to that form this year. Part of what makes the Patriots such a strong team is that their offense usually builds up a double digit lead and tells the defense to protect it. This is not a stellar defensive group. Top CB Leigh Bodden is on IR which means this will be a young secondary. If they are put in a position to try to keep the game close when they are down, I don't think they succeed. However, with Tom Brady at the helm, you rarely need to do that.
Tim: 9-7 (3rd AFCE)
The Jets have assembled a brash set of big names this offseason, and look to be fantastic on paper. I foresee problems getting all of these egos to jell, and that leads to locker room frustrations, which rarely helps on the field. Coach Rex Ryan is a defensive wizard, so that side of the ball will be excellent, though I can’t see second-year QB Mark Sanchez becoming “Sanchize” this season. Or any season, really. Maybe I just hate USC quarterbacks… Anyhow, I’m predicting the number one D this year to be wearing green and white, but with little offense to help, there’s not a return trip to the postseason waiting in 2010.
Dan: 9-7 (2nd AFCE)
It seems like everyone is jumping on the New York Jets as the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm not buying it. The Jets, I mean. I still buy sliced bread. It's great for sandwiches, toast, soup...what the hell am I talking about? The Jets made the playoffs last year with an asterisk. If
No comments:
Post a Comment