Tony Romo (at Houston)
In the past two weeks, Houston has allowed 21 fantasy points (to Donovan McNabb) and 29 (to Peyton Manning). All that the Cowboys have done for the past two weeks is throw the ball. Do you really think they're going to stop throwing when they find a miserable pass defense? Start Romo with confidence.
Alex Smith (at Kansas City)
For those of you who watched last week's Monday Night game, you were probably impressed by Alex Smith's 2 minute drill to put the 49ers in a position to force OT. I thought that he looked very good throughout, with the exception of his first INT when he threw it behind Frank Gore, leading to a tipped ball. Now he gets KC who let Seneca Wallace throw for 229 and 1 TD. Smith is much better than Wallace and I expect him to do what he does best: get the ball to Frank Gore. If you're in need of a QB this week, Smith could be a nice fill-in.
Shaun Hill (at Minnesota)
Okay, this one could be a bit of a stretch, but hear me out. I'm not saying you should start Hill but I can see him exceeding expectations this week. Look at the facts. He's playing Minnesota, one of the best run defenses in the league. Last week, he threw for 335 and 2 TDs against Philadelphia, a pretty good pass defense. Yes, he had 3 turnovers, but he still had a 20 point fantasy day. If Detroit wants to have any shot in the world this week, they're going to need to throw. If he just drops back and chucks it up to Calvin Johnson, he could post a solid fantasy day.
Darren McFadden (at Arizona)
Now this is what the Raiders wanted when they drafted him. On the season, Run-DMC has 48 carries for 240 yards and 8 catches for 63 yards and 1 TD. Arizona is not good and DMC is basically the only weapon that the Raiders have. Expect him to get the ball. A lot. He should be in a for a good day.
LeSean McCoy (at Jacksonville) and Jahvid Best (at Minnesota)
Of course I had to put them in here! Did you see them last week?! Now, McCoy has a much more favorable matchup but for what Best doesn't get in rushing yards, expect him to get in receiving yards. Start each of them. Aren't they both currently top 3 RBs?
Pierre Thomas (vs. Atlanta)
Reggie Bush is out for at least 6 weeks which will make it all but certain that Thomas will get the carries. And the catches. Drew Brees spreads the ball around and Thomas grabbed 8 receptions last week. Atlanta has allowed rushing TDs each of the past two weeks and I expect Thomas to make it three in a row. Consider him a high #2 RB this week.
Hines Ward (at Tampa Bay)
I said it last week and I'll say it again. He's the security blanket for whoever is the QB for Pittsburgh. Last week, he didn't really get anything because the Steelers didn't need to throw. Their defense won it for them. Whether it's Batch or Leftwich under center, expect them to look to Ward. And often.
Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens (at Carolina)
Carolina has looked pretty bad against the pass, allowing Mike Williams to score a TD on a nice catch and run. Ochocinco and Owens are both better than Williams and I wouldn't be surprised if they both find the endzone this week.
Calvin Johnson (at Minnesota)
See Shaun Hill.
Okay, before I continue with my last WR, I'm going to show you two sets of numbers.
1. 7 catches, 91 yards
2. 3 catches, 44 yards
Now, neither of these stats are that impressive. But do you know who's stats they are? I'll give you a clue. Both are 2nd year WRs and both were taken in the first round of the draft. Figure it out? Player 1 is Darrius Heyward-Bey and Player 2 is Michael Crabtree.
Darrius Heyward-Bey (at Arizona)
Again, I'm not saying to start DHB. Just that I think he will exceed expectations. But he looked pretty good last week and he has the speed to beat any secondary in the game. Sure, he may not have the hands, but if he catches one long TD, he has a good day. And his numbers this year are better than Crabtree's. Was Al Davis on to something back when he drafted him??? Nah, probably not.
Visanthe Shiancoe (vs. Detroit)
He's Favre's favorite target, no doubt. He's scored 13 and 8 points these past two weeks and he'll probably score again this week. Start him.
No comments:
Post a Comment